• Breaking News

    Friday, February 14, 2020

    Void Destroyer 2 Solving issues update.

    Void Destroyer 2 Solving issues update.


    Solving issues update.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 08:16 PM PST

    Hey guys!

    Thanks for a great launch! I love seeing you guys enjoying the game and discussing it.

    I've been through 4 launches now (VD1's early access, VD1's release, VD2's early access and VD2's release) - and each one has been unique, but before I ramble about those let's get to my main focus.

    Bugs - especially crash bugs.

    Short Summary:
    I've enabled additional logging to be generated by the game. This will help me find crash bugs - but this file is generated on your systems so I'll need to get it somehow. When you experience a crash I'll likely ask you for this file via the Bug/Support forum.


    Long version:

    For those new to the project I keep a "Patch Notes" log -here

    Each entry is a upload to Steam and by my count I've fixed 4 crash bugs and a bunch of non-crash bugs.

    Now I've attempted to solve quite a bunch more crash bugs - but couldn't reproduce what you guys were getting - this is very frustrating as I get excited about solving a crash bug only to not be able to reproduce it.

    On the bright side I had a blast with an elite level Defend Base mission (didn't crash though!) - so it's not all bad :)

    So with the help of my brother the game will now generate "dumps" - you can think of these as a snapshot of what the game engine is doing at the moment of the crash.

    So when some of you experience crashes and kindly get me the dump file - I'll have a much better chance at fixing a crash bug.

    There's a few catches here - you have to have this enabled - but likely you already do. The dump file will probably be too large to email - so you'll likely have to upload it. We'll tackle this as we pursue the crash via the Bug/Support forums together.

    So hopefully soon we'll nail a few more crash bugs and move on to polishing the game based on your feed back.

    Thank you again for a great launch!

    Paul




    No comments:

    Post a Comment